The Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis is proud to host former World Champion GM Anatoly Karpov in a special match against legendary GM Yasser Seirawan. The two will face off June 9-13 in a unique competition that will test their classical chess skills along with their abilities at both blitz and rapid play. Tourney Format:
- Two Classical: 90 minutes for the first 40 moves followed by 30 minutes for the rest of the game with an addition of a 30-second increment per move starting from move one
- Each Classical game is worth three points.
- Two Rapid: 25 minutes plus a five-second increment
- Each Rapid game is worth two points.
- Ten Blitz: Five minutes plus a two-second increment
- Each Blitz game is worth one point.
- 1st Place: $10,000
- 2nd Place: $7,000
[Event "07"] [Site "Wch London"] [Date "1986.??.??"] [Round "?"] [White "Karpov Anatoli"] [Black "Kasparov Garry"] [Result "1/2-1/2"] [ECO "D31/23"] 1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Be7 4.cxd5 exd5 5.Bf4 c6 6.Qc2 g6 7.e3 Bf5 8.Qd2 Nd7 9.f3 Nb6 10.e4 Be6 11.e5 h5 12.Bd3 Qd7 13.b3 Bh4+ 14.g3 Be7 15.Kf2 Bf5 16.Bf1 Kf8 17.Kg2 a5 18.a3 Qd8 19.Nh3 Bxh3+ 20.Kxh3 Kg7 21.Kg2 Nd7 22.Bd3 Nf8 23.Be3 Ne6 24.Ne2 Nh6 25.b4 Qb6 26.b5 c5 27.Nc3 cxd4 28.Bxh6+ Rxh6 29.Nxd5 Qd8 30.Be4 h4 31.Rhf1 hxg3 32.hxg3 Rc8 33.Rh1 Rxh1 34.Rxh1 Bg5 35.f4 Rc5 36.fxg5 Rxd5 37.Bxd5 Qxd5+ 38.Kh2 Qxe5 39.Rf1 Qxb5 40.Qf2 Nxg5 41.Qxd4+ Kg8 42.Qd8+ Kg7 43.Qd4+ 1/2-1/2